|Dengue Fever in Winter in Delhi: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour explains how we can protect ourselves?|
Long-Awaited Child is the story of my 8 year journey to have a family of my own. Our journey began with trying to fall pregnant naturally, to trying IVF several times, to seeking foster care and adoption as an option & finally to surrogacy to have our long-awaited babies. I aspire to make the journey easier for others.
In my story I cover my personal emotions knowing the only option for me to have a baby was to use a donor egg and surrogate. Dealing with infertility can be a lonely and very sad time, I hope my story helps those going through a similar journey to not feel so alone plus to consider other options and not rely on IVF as the only answer. If we had given up after IVF failed in Australia we would not have our gorgeous twins and we are so thankful for your clinic and especially our Surrogate Mother for giving us our family. In my book I have also included some information and research we had done to make our journey easier to hopefully help others.
Below is the link to my website. My book can be purchased worldwide by paperback or downloaded on e-book versions:
Note: For SCI clients, there is a special discount of 15% who purchases this book. Code SCI15 needs to be entered on the discount box on checkout.
Congratulations for the Nobel Prize to Dr Denis Mukwege. It was a great honor to be invited by him for the Infertility clinic in his hospital in DR Congo. Hillary Clinton Foundation was supporting the endeavor of his hospital for Gynaecological treatment of women who were war survivors in Africa.
There are many couples who face fertility issues that prevent them from becoming parents. There are many medical procedures through which they can become parents and IVF is one of them.
In vitro fertilization treatment is the process in which an egg from a woman’s body is taken out and kept into a container where then the man’s sperm is inseminated into it. It is left there for a few days and then the embryo is surgically placed back inside the woman’s body. This process has allowed many people struggling with infertility to have a child.
Let’s have a closer look at what are different procedures or steps in a single IVF cycle:
- OVULATION ANALYSIS: The first step of the IVF cycle is that your fertility specialist will do a thorough analysis of your ovulation cycle. When do you ovulate the most and what is the difference between each cycle. Your ovaries will be monitored so that the doctor can evaluate the timing of your egg release. Different tests will ensure that whether your hormone level is normal or not or if your ovaries are properly releasing eggs.
- OVARIES STIMULATION: After the analysis is done, your doctor will then give you medicines to stimulate your ovaries to produce more eggs, hence increasing your chances at pregnancy.
- RETRIEVAL OF THE EGG: You will be either given painkillers or mild anesthesia for this process as this involves surgical removal of your eggs. Needles are used to remove the fluid in the follicles inside your ovaries. This fluid contains the eggs which cannot be seen from naked eyes. Hence the liquid is collected first and then the egg is extracted from the fluid. This egg is then placed in a container and kept into the incubator.
- FERTILIZATION: The next step is to inseminate the egg with the sperm. The most active sperm from the sample of your partner or a donor is injected into the egg in a special container. In most cases though, the sperm is placed within the same container with the egg, so that they both can find each other naturally, just like it happens in the body.
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE EMBRYO: After the sperm found the egg, the embryo starts to get developed. The developing embryo is then placed in a special kind of incubator where the growth of the embryo is monitored closely. The embryo is left alone for a few days so that it can grow healthy and its growth can be monitored.
- EMBRYO TRANSFER: Once it is decided that the embryo is growing and healthy, it is ready to be placed back into the uterus. You will not need any painkiller or anesthesia this time as this is a very small process. The embryo is placed in the cervix which is the lower most part of the uterus, using a small tube. This process needs to be done with great care so as no harm is caused to the embryo while transferring from the incubator to the uterus. This is a five-minute process and does not require lots of time.
After all these steps, the women may take a pregnancy test to be sure; however, a blood test is done by the doctor after the embryo is placed in the woman’s body. So these are the basic steps of an IVF cycle. Please feel free to mail us if you have any other questions or doubts regarding IVF.
Going through any problems related to the reproductive system can be extremely irritating and painful. Most of the women ignore many little signs and problems and does not consult any gynecologist, which at the later point of time may result in far more greater and life-threatening issues. This is important for your health to find a good gynecologist and have a regular checkup every three months or so. So that you can stay healthy and come to know about any threats to your reproductive health at an early stage.
But finding a good gynecologist is not an easy feat. Choosing a gynecologist that has not only good practice but also understands you, requires some work.
Following are some points that you need to consider before selecting any gynecologist:
- Finding a gynecologist who is also an obstetrician – If you are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant, it will be good for you if you select a gynecologist who is also an obstetrician. This way you don’t have to search for another good obstetrician to deliver your baby.
- Years of practice – Though more years of practice does not make someone a great doctor, it surely makes a doctor more experienced and skilled. And if the doctor is really good with years of practice then he/she should be your best choice.
- You feel comfortable with them – It is of utmost importance that you feel really comfortable around your gynecologist. If you are not comfortable enough to share all your problems and symptoms with the gynecologist, then he/she is not the right one for you. In India, one of the most important factors is the gender of the gynecologist. Most of the women in the country feel comfortable with a woman as her gynecologist and is comfortable in sharing her symptoms and concerns with a female instead of a male doctor.
- They are affiliated to a hospital or have a clinic with all the facilities – It is really important that you select a gynecologist that is either affiliated to any hospital or have a clinic with all the facilities of her own. This will make your life much easier as you will not have to worry about rushing to different pathologies to get your tests done. Also, you don’t have to worry about finding a hospital in case of an emergency. Everything will be taken care of if your gynecologist has an up to state clinic or is affiliated to any hospital.
- Easy Availability and Location – When going through pregnancy or any other reproductive system related treatment, you might often need to visit your gynecologist or need to call him/her to clear your doubts or concerns. So it is important that the gynecologist’s clinic is nearby your house and also that he/she is available to clear your doubts whenever you have any such doubts and problems. It is important for you that your gynecologist is available whenever you need him/her.
- Friendly and Caring – If your gynecologist is not friendly or easy to go with, then you might not be comfortable enough for you to share all your doubts and problems with him/her. It is important that your gynecologist is polite and friendly and you can share all your concerns and problems with him/her without feeling hesitant.
These were the few points you can consider when searching for a gynecologist. Hope we were able to help you in your search for a good gynecologist.
Contact to best gynecologist Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour in Delhi
Whenever we used to see such…. Thank you…cards on walls of SCI Hospital or other IVF Clinics from where we undertook earlier IVF cycles (and they failed EVERYTIME), we used to wonder that when would that Day come when I would be writing my own such card……. and now when this day has come, I find myself SPEECHLESS to how to express my happiness.
Only because of you…. Dr. Shivani, we have got success in our IVF cycle and I tell you that for US, you are only next to God!!
What touched me most is your personalized and humane approach.
You always patiently heard our concerns & fears and gave us your honest advice…which is a rare commodity these days.
Your staff too is very gentle…an exception in this brutally commercialized world.
Best of all…was ‘follow up process’ of SCI Hospital staff where they reminded us about Medicines, Injections, and Visit to Hospital etc.
Please be this way forever….
Kalpana & Anand
Thank you so much SCI for making our dream come true.
We had heard such horror stories about IVF & have been so surprised and thrilled with our experience & success in FIRST ATTEMPT. We have been blessed with a healthy baby boy on 12th Feb 2017. We will never forget what you did for us. Specially, Dr. Shivani Mam, Dr. Smita Mam & Dr. Sujata Mam your Support & co-ordination are unforgettable during the treatment.
Thank you once again to the entire SCI Team.
Moushmi & Sudhir
Dear Dr Shivani & Staff
I just thought I need to take a moment to thank you all! Every one of you have been so kind, friendly, helpful, professional & caring! I am so please to have been referred to you & I am already delighted with the result. I will certainly thankful to you.
THANK YOU So appreciated by:-
For helping us welcome our Pooja & Siddharth
Sweet baby into this world
Modinagar Obstetrics and gynecology Society and Delhi State chapter of ISAR (Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction) organised a CME program on Female Infertility on 14th November at Hotel Royal Inn. Approx 29 gynaecologists from Modinagar attended and the Chief Guest was Dr Manju Sivach MLA. She emphasized the need for improvement in doctor patient communication which is causing problems in doctor patient relationship. She said infertility is leading to breakdown of family structure and it’s essential to have good treatment available in smaller towns like Modinagar. Dr Kavita from Modinagar Obs Gyn Society quote “we are seeing a larger number of women with Infertility about 20 percent of women have this problem and we do not have advanced treatment facilities here so women habe to travel to Delhi Noida. Dr Shivani Gour General Secretary of Delhi ISAR said Surrogacy IVF is under debate now a day’s approximately 5 percent of women who fail routine treatment need surrogacy to get pregnant. In Delhi it is because women are having children late after 35 years so the egg quality is poor. Dr Nupur Garg senior consultant SCI IVF centre Noida said women from Modinagar travel to Noida for treatment very late by that time success tates are lower and we want to raise awareness for specialist referral early at correct time. Simple techniques like exercise 20 minutes per say avoid junk food and taking high protein diet and vitamin c like in tomatoes citrys fruits can promote fertility.