|Dengue Fever in Winter in Delhi: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour explains how we can protect ourselves?|
Going through any problems related to the reproductive system can be extremely irritating and painful. Most of the women ignore many little signs and problems and does not consult any gynecologist, which at the later point of time may result in far more greater and life-threatening issues. This is important for your health to find a good gynecologist and have a regular checkup every three months or so. So that you can stay healthy and come to know about any threats to your reproductive health at an early stage.
But finding a good gynecologist is not an easy feat. Choosing a gynecologist that has not only good practice but also understands you, requires some work.
Following are some points that you need to consider before selecting any gynecologist:
- Finding a gynecologist who is also an obstetrician – If you are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant, it will be good for you if you select a gynecologist who is also an obstetrician. This way you don’t have to search for another good obstetrician to deliver your baby.
- Years of practice – Though more years of practice does not make someone a great doctor, it surely makes a doctor more experienced and skilled. And if the doctor is really good with years of practice then he/she should be your best choice.
- You feel comfortable with them – It is of utmost importance that you feel really comfortable around your gynecologist. If you are not comfortable enough to share all your problems and symptoms with the gynecologist, then he/she is not the right one for you. In India, one of the most important factors is the gender of the gynecologist. Most of the women in the country feel comfortable with a woman as her gynecologist and is comfortable in sharing her symptoms and concerns with a female instead of a male doctor.
- They are affiliated to a hospital or have a clinic with all the facilities – It is really important that you select a gynecologist that is either affiliated to any hospital or have a clinic with all the facilities of her own. This will make your life much easier as you will not have to worry about rushing to different pathologies to get your tests done. Also, you don’t have to worry about finding a hospital in case of an emergency. Everything will be taken care of if your gynecologist has an up to state clinic or is affiliated to any hospital.
- Easy Availability and Location – When going through pregnancy or any other reproductive system related treatment, you might often need to visit your gynecologist or need to call him/her to clear your doubts or concerns. So it is important that the gynecologist’s clinic is nearby your house and also that he/she is available to clear your doubts whenever you have any such doubts and problems. It is important for you that your gynecologist is available whenever you need him/her.
- Friendly and Caring – If your gynecologist is not friendly or easy to go with, then you might not be comfortable enough for you to share all your doubts and problems with him/her. It is important that your gynecologist is polite and friendly and you can share all your concerns and problems with him/her without feeling hesitant.
These were the few points you can consider when searching for a gynecologist. Hope we were able to help you in your search for a good gynecologist.
Contact to best gynecologist Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour in Delhi
Whenever we used to see such…. Thank you…cards on walls of SCI Hospital or other IVF Clinics from where we undertook earlier IVF cycles (and they failed EVERYTIME), we used to wonder that when would that Day come when I would be writing my own such card……. and now when this day has come, I find myself SPEECHLESS to how to express my happiness.
Only because of you…. Dr. Shivani, we have got success in our IVF cycle and I tell you that for US, you are only next to God!!
What touched me most is your personalized and humane approach.
You always patiently heard our concerns & fears and gave us your honest advice…which is a rare commodity these days.
Your staff too is very gentle…an exception in this brutally commercialized world.
Best of all…was ‘follow up process’ of SCI Hospital staff where they reminded us about Medicines, Injections, and Visit to Hospital etc.
Please be this way forever….
Kalpana & Anand
Hi SCI family,
We want to wish you all a very happy and successful year ahead. May the Diwali festivities bring a lot of light, joy and cheer to your clinic for the whole new year and always.
Attached is a picture of Gabi and Leo. We celebrate Diwali every year as part of our family tradition.
Always thinking of you and our lovely surrogate mother.
Marina, Jesse, Gabi and Leo
Aapki Khabar Aapka Fayda, know how pollution is choking people to death. Watch the video to know more.
Conversation between Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour and ZeeBiz Anchor Anuiya Yadav
Natural pregnancy comes to very few couples and then there are those for whom it is critical to conceive. It can be due to either male infertility or female infertility. That is why both need to be diagnosed properly to see what went wrong and how to combat the same. In this article we will talk about the male infertility, how it is caused and what is the treatment for the same.
Male infertility is directly related to their sperm count. If the males are facing low sperm count problem, this means that the sperms will not fuse with the eggs and result in pregnancy. This is a difficult time as couples keep trying hard and at the end nothing comes their way. So if you have been into unprotected sex for a year or more it is high time you seek the guidance of any specialist. The infertility specialists like Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour can guide on the same and help you with the possible treatments open before you.
Causes of male infertility
If there are issues related to sperm production or transport, then there chances that one is facing male infertility. Illness, health issues, any kind of disorder etc can be some of the reasons as why one is facing the infertility. But all these reasons are classified into 3 broad categories.
Sperm abnormalities – As the name indicates, if the sperms are not of good quality and low in count, it is sure to affect the pregnancy. This can be due to genetics as well or some long illness, high medications etc.
Reasons for a low sperm count – Low sperm count can be another reason as why the pregnancy is not successful. The reasons behind it can be unhealthy lifestyle, stress, genetic issues etc. It is important to consult the doctor and they will help you with the treatment.
Ejaculation problems – This is yet another reason of male infertility and needs to be diagnosed and treated at the right time.
How is male infertility diagnosed?
There are few tests which are done for male infertility and semen analysis is one of them. With its help proper diagnosis is possible and one can find out the root cause. Though there are others tests too like scrotal ultrasound, hormone testing, urine analysis, sperm function test etc which are done but semen analysis is crucial of all.
ART or assisted reproductive technology is one of the best treatments for male infertility. Together with this, the doctor can prescribe you a few medicines as well for hormonal balance and overcome any kind of infection. If requirement surgery is also a possible choice but it will depend on the diagnosis done by the expert. In case the couple is going for IVF then the sperms can be extracted directly and then used for the fusion. So everything will depend on the test reports and accordingly the treatment will be suggested by them.
So get in touch with a qualified and experienced doctor only who can help you in the right treatment.
Diet for acne free skin: A balanced diet is the solution to control acne breakouts. Here are 10 foods that will help you get rid of it.
Are you facing acne trouble? A balanced diet along with a healthy lifestyle can help you cure it, say experts. Preeti Seth, Cosmetologist, Pachouli Wellness Clinic, Delhi, and Prabhu Mishra, senior cosmetologist, SCI International Hospital, Delhi, tell you about the best foods to keep acne at bay:
- Brown rice: Brown rice is a rich source of vitamin B, protein, magnesium, and several antioxidants. For acne, vitamin B acts as our skin’s stress fighter, which will help regulate hormones levels and prevent the likelihood of breakouts.
- Fennel: If you are looking for a natural skin cleanser, eat fennel. This licorice-tasting root vegetable can improve digestion, reduce swelling and flush out excess fluids and toxins from your skin.
- Garlic: Garlic is another superfood that helps fight inflammation. Garlic is full of a naturally occurring chemical called allicin, which kills off harmful bacteria and viruses that your body might be fighting, so it’s proven to be good for reducing inflammation in acne.
- Alfalfa sprouts: It looks like grass, but these sprouts are packed with valuable, skin-clearing nutrients. Alfalfa sprouts contain live enzymes which fight inflammation.
- Broccoli: It is the perfect skin-clearing food. Broccoli contains vitamins A, B complex, C, E, and K. These antioxidants fight radical damage and make your skin glow.
- Fish: Known to be a good source of omega-3 and 6-fatty acids, fish is excellent for acne-prone skin. These acids reduce inflammation in the skin. Sardine and salmon are also good for skin.
- Nuts: Deficiencies in minerals, such as zinc and selenium, have been linked to acne. Most nuts contain selenium, vitamin E, copper, magnesium, manganese, potassium, calcium and iron, which are essential for healthy skin.
- Green tea: Many studies show that green tea helps fight acne. Drink more green tea throughout the day, and try applying cool tea bags or a cloth dipped in cool green tea to acne-prone areas of your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Red grapes: The fruit and seed contain powerful natural chemicals and antioxidants that have been shown to treat inflammatory skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema. On top of this, grapes can also help to control the side effects of allergic reactions on skin.
- Foods rich in vitamin A and carotenoids: Carotenoids are used in anti-inflammatory drugs for treatment for acne. Rich sources of carotenoids include carrot juice, carrots, spinach, kale, cantaloupe, vegetable soup, mangoes, papaya, instant fortified oatmeal, frozen peas and tomato juice. Fresh and canned peaches and red bell peppers provide modest amounts of carotenoid.