Ectopic pregnancies are diagnosed by your doctor, who performed a pelvic exam to locate tenderness, pain or a mass in the abdomen. Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound examination to determine developing fetus in the uterus or elsewhere. The ultrasound can be performed using a wand-like device in your vagina early in pregnancy.It uses sound waves to create images of your fallopian tubes and uterus ovaries. A transvaginal ultrasound images allows your doctor to identify the exact location of your pregnancy. Abdominal ultrasound may also be used to confirm your problems with your pregnancy or evaluate for internal bleeding. The measurement of HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels also plays an important role. The lower level of an hCG than expected is one of the primary reasons to suspect an Ectopic pregnancy. If your doctor confirms that you have an Ectopic pregnancy, she will recommend you about the best available treatment based on future plans for pregnancy and your present medical condition. Low levels of progesterone in your body could be a sign of an Ectopic pregnancy, so your doctor may also test your progesterone levels for diagnosing an Ectopic pregnancy. Apart from progesterone levels tests, your doctor may perform a culdocentesis, which is a process in which a needle is inserted into a space at the top of the vagina, in front of the rectum and behind the uterus. The sign of blood in this area may suggest bleeding from a ruptured fallopian tube.
Treatment of an Ectopic pregnancy depends on the physical health conditions of the woman and the size and location of the Ectopic pregnancy. The injection of methotrexate could be a treatment against early Ectopic pregnancy case as it stops the growth of the embryo.If the pregnancy is farther along, the fertilization of egg can’t able to develop and survive outside of the uterus. In such conditions the patient immediately needs a surgery to remove the abnormal pregnancy so the tissue has to be removed successfully to safe the patient having serious complications. Few years ago, this complication requires a major operation and requiring a large incision across the pelvic area. But this can still be necessary in cases of extensive internal injury or emergency. Your doctor can apply an injection of methotrexate (Trexall) if your pregnancy hasn’t progressed very far and fallopian tube hasn’t ruptured. It stops the cells from further growth and your body can be able to absorb them. Early detection of Ectopic pregnancies can be treated with methotrexate.If the condition worst and severe a surgery is required. The most common surgery is laparoscopy. In this surgery a very small incisions in your lower abdomen has been done and a thin, flexible instrument (laparoscope) has been inserted to remove the Ectopic pregnancy. If the condition of the fallopian tube is bad, the doctor recommends removing it as well. You might need an immediate emergency surgery with a larger incision, if you’re bleeding to a great extent or your doctor suspects your fallopian tube is ruptured. This condition is called laparotomy.
Pregnancy after miscarriage can be very confusing and stressful and it is rather very common to feel nervous about getting pregnant after the incident. Some woman want to take a break who gone through the nightmare of miscarriage to overcome their emotional stagnation and then try to get pregnant again. Nevertheless, some wish to get pregnant immediately after a miscarriage. The feelings and desires are different for different woman, but it is important to know what will right steps for you. So that you can take the right path for considering pregnancy after miscarriage. However, it is highly recommended to wait to attempt again until you are emotionally as well as physically ready. Understanding pregnancy after miscarriage is important to avoid such incident in future again. Below steps will help you to promote a healthy pregnancy after miscarriage.
Reasons for miscarriage: Miscarriage is the sudden loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. The primary reason for this is the abnormal development of fetus. About 50 percent of early pregnancy loss occurred due to the problems associated with the baby’s chromosomes. These chromosome problems occur by chance as the embryo grows and divides, however it is more common as women age. In many cases, health related problems such as a uterine problem or poorly controlled diabetes might lead to miscarriage. Often, the exact cause of this isn’t known.
Best suitable time for pregnancy after miscarriage: Miscarriage can cause intense feelings of sadness, anxiety or guilt. Some woman might also experience intense feelings of loss due to miscarriage. Don’t let the grieving process to dominate you. To prevent any further infection, typically sexual intercourse isn’t recommended for two weeks after a miscarriage. Your body can able to ovulate and become pregnant as soon as two weeks after a miscarriage. Follow the doctor guidance and advice, whenever you feel physically and emotionally ready for pregnancy after miscarriage. There is no need to wait to conceive after a single miscarriage. Your health care provider may suggest few tests if you gone through two or more such incidence.
How to improve chances of healthy pregnancy after a miscarriage: It is rather hard to avoid miscarriage. If you are suffering from any particular health issues, like ovarian cysts, your doctor will first treat that problem and then advise you to go for planning a baby. In such case, your chances to conceive automatically improve after the treatment. Some women suffering from uterine fibroids must need to go for surgically removal before getting pregnant. If you don’t have any health problems, then all you need to do is change your present lifestyle to improve the chances of a healthy pregnancy after miscarriage. Miscarriage is an unavoidable event and you must try to retain your hope for successful pregnancy even after event of multiple incidents. There are many incidents where a woman faced several miscarriages have delivered healthy babies.
Avoid the risk of future miscarriage: Generally repeated miscarriage is exception, only percent of couples experience two or more miscarriages in a row. Consult your doctor and take appropriate measures to reduce your risk for future miscarriage.
Egg freezing, also known as mature oocyte cryopreservation, is a new technique in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) in which the eggs of a woman are frozen and stored for to save women’s ability to get pregnant in the future. Fresh Eggs harvested from your ovaries are frozen further in unfertilized form and stored for later use. A frozen egg can be unfrozen and combined with sperm in a lab and implanted in your uterus for vitro fertilization process. This technique is helping number of women to preserve and control their fertility for various reasons and help them to have children at a later period of time. Some women opt eggs freeze due to their medical condition or their undergoing treatment that affects their fertility. It is very helpful for the women who aren’t ready or able to have children and want to become mother in the future. A woman’s chances of conceiving naturally fall gradually as per their age because the number and quality of her eggs drops significantly.
Egg freezing is an option if you’re not ready to become pregnant now but wish to make sure you can get pregnant later. Egg freezing doesn’t need sperm because the eggs aren’t fertilized before they’re frozen, unlike with fertilized egg freezing known as embryo cryopreservation. Similar to embryo freezing you will require using fertility drugs to make you ovulate so that you will produce multiple eggs for retrieval purpose. You should consider egg freezing for below reasons:
- If you have some health condition or circumstance that that affect your health of your fertility. These might include autoimmune diseases such as lupus, sickle cell anemia or gender diversity, such as being transgender.
- You need to go for in vitro fertilization (IVF). Before undergoing in vitro fertilization, some people prefer egg freezing to embryo freezing for many reasons like ethical or religious reasons or you are worried about your fertility and think it is declining but at the same time you are not ready to have a child or you haven’t found the right partner, this is also called ‘elective egg freezing’.
- You require treatment against some illness or need treatment for cancer that can affect your ability to conceive baby. Few medical treatments like radiation or chemotherapy can harm your fertility power at greater extent. Egg freezing before treatment will possibly increase your chances to have biological children later.
- You wish to preserve your healthy and younger eggs now for future use. Freezing eggs at a younger age might help you to increase pregnant chances in your later life,or you are at high risk of injury or death (for example, you are employed in the armed forces who is being deployed to a war zone and are at high risk).
- In increase the chances for become mother in future and reduced emotional risks. Egg freezing can provide hope for a future pregnancy but still there is no guarantee of success.
- You are a female transitioning to a male and want to conserve your fertility before undergoing any reconstructive surgery.
Infertility can be either in male, female, or in both. Dealing with the fact that either of the partner is struggling with infertility, is a difficult task to do. Infertility counselling helps those couples to feel comfortable, accept the fact, and move on with new hope. It help intended parents to understand infertility reasons, further methods to tackle this situation, and finally to become parents.
Infertility counselling is done by professional counsellors who are experienced with people in infertility situation and know how to address the emotional difficulties a patient going through.
Types of Infertility Counselling
Depending on the stage of infertility process, where a patient currently is, there are following types of counselling.
- Initial Counselling: In this counselling, an infertility counsellor, usually an infertility doctor, observes the couples’ state of mind and their attitude towards their infertility problem. Sometimes, partner blames each other for this condition and their opinion for treatment options are different. It is the responsibility of fertility counsellor to make them understand that this can be happen with any one, regardless the gender. Once couple got a clear picture about infertility problem, a counsellor further helps them to choose a best option for treatment and its details.
- Counseling for Confidence Building:If a couple has understood the infertility problem but not sure about the suggested option for infertility treatment, they require confidence building sessions. In this, a counsellor tries to find out the reasons that makes couples unsure about treatment. Usually reason behind this lack of confidence is unknown fear, social aspects, and lack of family support. Counsellor makes couple to understand that this decision is totally of the intendent parents and tries to build their confidence on the doctor who is going to treat them.
- Psychological Counseling: This counselling is used in some intense situation, where a couple show case an extreme sign of depression. Depression may occur due to marital issues between partners, bad experience of earlier treatments, or any other psychological issues.
When a couple starts infertility counselling, the process may be a combination of different stages.
How an Expert Helps Couple in Infertility Counselling?
Infertility counsellor is not only one who supports an infertile couple in phycological issues but also on medical issues. When a couple decide to use an infertility treatment to become parents, they may not have any experience regarding treatment and may not be fully prepared. Thus, infertility counseling is necessary to make sure that the couple get awareness about requirements of each step of treatment and be prepared for further journey.
An expert can help couples to eliminate their fears and build a trust on treatment procedures. The following are key responsibilities of counselor.
- Understanding view point of couples, and making both partners to understand each other’s expectations and ambitions throughout the treatment journey.
- Providing assistance to couples to tackle emotional situations that may occurs in any stage of treatment.
- Making partners believe in medical treatment, doctors handling the case, and on each other.
- Counsellor should make couples so much comfortable that they can trust on counsellor and express each difficulty.
How to Choose Your Infertility Care Centre and Expert? http://drshivanisachdevgour.co.in/blog/how-to-choose-your-infertility-care-centre-and-expert/