In almost 50% of cases of infertility, male health factors are the reasons. The management to deal with the infertility issues totally depends on the cause of the infertility problem. A vast diagnosis is required to identify the roots. The reasons for male infertility can be categorized into pre-testicular, testicular, and post-testicular causes. The overall health of sperms such as shape, size, motility, and so on in the semen is a measure of fertility.
For the best infertility treatment for males, contact Dr. Vishal Dutt Gour – the best male infertility doctor in Delhi.
- Managing Lifestyle Born Male Infertility
There is a great impact of lifestyle on health and fertility. Lifestyle factors cover diet, bodily activity, physique, or environmental factors. Some factors can be corrected by just making some little changes in routine, while some require therapy to resolve.
- Over Weight: Obesity may lead to oligozoospermia (low sperm count) or azoospermia (No sperm present). Regular physical activity, yoga, and exercise may help to lose weight. A small modification in diet and replacing fat products with green vegetables helps deal with obesity.
- Diet: A balanced diet maintains the hormone secretion of a body that is responsible for sexual activity. Including products having selenium, anti-oxidants, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids are a must for fertility enhancement. Poor semen quality is caused by alcohol, smoking, coffee, and sugary drinks consumption. Eliminate such harmful products from your diet.
- Psychological Stress: Mental stress directly affects semen performance such as sperm concentration, motility, and morphology. Depression can reduce the desire for sexual activity. Anti-depression medicines and therapy can help to curb this issue.
- Infertility Treatment through Surgery
If there is any blockage in the tube, transporting sperms, it can be resolved only through the surgeries such as Microsurgery (with an incision) or Endoscopy (without incision). If there is no sperm in the ejaculation, the sperm retrieval technique is used to obtain the sperms from the testicles for further IVF treatment.
- Infertility Treatment through Semen Analysis
The main aim of semen analysis is to investigate fertility issues related to sperm health. On the basis of semen analysis, an expert can recommend the following treatments.
- Surgery to enhance semen volume. More semen ejaculation increases the probability of more sperms.
- Medication to enhance the quality and count of sperms. Hormone injection also works if there is a scarcity of sexual hormones that helps in triggering sperm production.
- ART techniques such as IVF and ICSI.
- ART Techniques
Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is a process where eggs and sperms are handled in the lab. It requires sperms either through natural ejaculation or surgical retrieval.
In IVF, the egg is mixed and fertilized in the lab using the retrieved sperms to create an embryo. For IVF treatment, contact SCI IVF Hospital – the best IVF clinic in Delhi.
In ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection), the sperm is injected into the matured egg to create an embryo. ICSI is used where sperm’s penetration capacity is weak to the reach to the nucleus of the egg for fertilization