Roots of surrogacy are traced long back in the History of India. The world’s second and the India’s first In Vitro Fertilization or IVF baby that was born in India in the year 1978 was Kanupriya alias Durga. Since then this field of the surrogacy or Assisted Reproductive Technology has developed immensely.
It was in the year 2016 that the Surrogacy regulation bill was approved in India. The bill was aimed at prohibiting the exploitation of surrogate mothers and all the children that are born through ART or surrogacy. There are cheap surrogacy clinics in India that have been dealing successfully with this intricate process.
All the intended parents that hope to get blessed with child and looking for the best and low cost surrogacy clinic in Delhi or elsewhere in India should be aware of these 12 important points of the surrogacy regulation bill.
Given here are a number of important facts that people are unaware about.
- According to the bill passed in 2016, only the Indian couples that have been married for 5 years at the least can go in for surrogacy and at least one of the intended parents should have a fertility related issue.
- Only the close relatives (not only the blood relations) would be able to offer an altruistic surrogacy for all the eligible couples who want to bear children.
- New bill passed by the Union Cabinet in India puts a blanket ban on the commercial surrogacy.
- The new bill also bans live-in couples, unmarried couples and homosexuals from opting for the altruistic surrogacy.
- In India if any woman wants to be a surrogate mother there should be only an altruistic purpose for that. Under no circumstances that woman would be paid for the surrogacy. But, the payment can be made for the medical expenditures.
- Surrogacy regulation board would be set-up both at the Central and the State-level.
- This law will be applicable all through India except in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- All the Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) clinics are required to be registered.
- These clinics charge their clients for the services rendered during the entire surrogacy period. But, there is no provision of paying to surrogate mothers.
- Abandoning the child born through surrogacy, exploitation of surrogate mothers, selling and important of the human embryo all the acts are categorized as violations and hence these all acts are subjected to penalization and a jail term of 10 years at least and a fine to the tune of 10 lakh.
- Surrogate hospitals in Delhi or rest of the part of India have to maintain the records of up to 25 years.
- Children born through the process of surrogacy have the same rights as those of biological children have.
Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour is one of the leading surrogacy experts in India. She has been running surrogacy clinic in Delhi and are trusted because of high success rate record. To know more about her you can read Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour reviews online.
Egg freezing, also known as mature oocyte cryopreservation, is a new technique in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) in which the eggs of a woman are frozen and stored for to save women’s ability to get pregnant in the future. Fresh Eggs harvested from your ovaries are frozen further in unfertilized form and stored for later use. A frozen egg can be unfrozen and combined with sperm in a lab and implanted in your uterus for vitro fertilization process. This technique is helping number of women to preserve and control their fertility for various reasons and help them to have children at a later period of time. Some women opt eggs freeze due to their medical condition or their undergoing treatment that affects their fertility. It is very helpful for the women who aren’t ready or able to have children and want to become mother in the future. A woman’s chances of conceiving naturally fall gradually as per their age because the number and quality of her eggs drops significantly.
Egg freezing is an option if you’re not ready to become pregnant now but wish to make sure you can get pregnant later. Egg freezing doesn’t need sperm because the eggs aren’t fertilized before they’re frozen, unlike with fertilized egg freezing known as embryo cryopreservation. Similar to embryo freezing you will require using fertility drugs to make you ovulate so that you will produce multiple eggs for retrieval purpose. You should consider egg freezing for below reasons:
- If you have some health condition or circumstance that that affect your health of your fertility. These might include autoimmune diseases such as lupus, sickle cell anemia or gender diversity, such as being transgender.
- You need to go for in vitro fertilization (IVF). Before undergoing in vitro fertilization, some people prefer egg freezing to embryo freezing for many reasons like ethical or religious reasons or you are worried about your fertility and think it is declining but at the same time you are not ready to have a child or you haven’t found the right partner, this is also called ‘elective egg freezing’.
- You require treatment against some illness or need treatment for cancer that can affect your ability to conceive baby. Few medical treatments like radiation or chemotherapy can harm your fertility power at greater extent. Egg freezing before treatment will possibly increase your chances to have biological children later.
- You wish to preserve your healthy and younger eggs now for future use. Freezing eggs at a younger age might help you to increase pregnant chances in your later life,or you are at high risk of injury or death (for example, you are employed in the armed forces who is being deployed to a war zone and are at high risk).
- In increase the chances for become mother in future and reduced emotional risks. Egg freezing can provide hope for a future pregnancy but still there is no guarantee of success.
- You are a female transitioning to a male and want to conserve your fertility before undergoing any reconstructive surgery.
Happy Patients come to express gratitude.
SCI IVF Centre Noida