As women with POI have lower levels of certain hormones, several health problems are more common than in women without POI, including:
- Infertility: Women suffering from POI, generally unable to get pregnant naturally. They may carry a pregnancy but, in most cases, adonor eggsare required.
- Heart disease: Low estrogen level early in life can affect the muscles lining the arteries and can increase the formation of cholesterol in the arteries. These factors can increase the risk of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) which increases the risk of heart attacks further.
- Anxiety and depression: Hormonal changes caused by POI can result to anxiety or lead to depression. Many women with POI may feel sadness about their unexpected loss of ovarian function. Women with POI should discusses their feelings with their family members, medical provider and may need to discuss with a qualified therapist.
- Dry eye syndrome and eye surface disease: Some women with POI can have one of these eye diseases. Both diseases can cause discomfort and may lead to blurred vision. These conditions can cause permanent eye damage, if not treated seriously.
- Osteoporosis: The hormone estrogen required to keep bones strong. Women with POI often develop osteoporosis without enough estrogen. It is a bone disease that increase the risk of weak bone, brittle bones or bone loss and fractures.
- Low thyroid function: This health problem also is known as hypothyroidism. The thyroid is a gland that produces hormones that control body’s metabolism and energy level. Low levels thyroid hormones can affect your metabolism and can result in very low energy, mental flatness and other similar symptoms.
How is POI diagnosed?
if you are younger than 40 and have irregular periods or stopped having irregular ones, immediately consult with your doctor to find the root causes of the ongoing problem. To diagnose POI, your health care provider may perform:
- A medical history: Your health care provider may ask whether you have relatives with POI or other health conditions such as an autoimmune disease, endocrine problems or a neurological condition.
- A pregnancy test: A test can be done to make sure that you are not pregnant.
- A physical examination: To look for signs of other disorders which could be causing your symptoms.
- A pelvic ultrasound: An ultrasound may be used to check whether or not the ovaries are enlarged or have multiple follicles.
- Blood tests: A blood test has been done to check for certain hormone levels. With this test your health care provider (HCP) can find out if your ovaries are working properly or not and to check the level of FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) in your blood. This blood test can be repeated before the diagnosis can be made.High levels of FSH usually indicate presence of POI. Other hormones including an “AMH” (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) can be evaluated and genetic tests may be done to check if there is a medical reason for the Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (POI). Other blood test can be done to do a chromosome analysis. A chromosome is the part of a cell that contains genetic information.
Some specific tests should also be performed to check for autoimmune conditions or possible genetic that might be related to the ovarian insufficiency.
Infertility is an issue that prevents a woman from conceiving. There might be end number of reason for this which you can get resolved easily by approaching to an expert. Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour is one such name to whom you can approach and get your problems resolved. She is the founder and director of SCI Healthcare and consultant fertility specialist (SCIIVF).
Many people have come to SCIIVF and have experienced the satisfactory services in terms of infertility. With all the added latest medical equipment, SCIIVF is undoubtedly the place where you can come and get your problem resolved when it comes to pregnancy.
As per the recent survey, it has been found that more than 2500 babies are delivered from more than 55 countries and thousands of happy parents appreciated SCIIVF and DR. Shivani Sachdev Gour for this. Book and appointment today!
If you go through what World Health Organization has stated about infertility is that, the success or failure to this concept totally depends on the healthy sperm count, morphology and motility. All these are within your control and you can follow few things that can help you avoid infertility problem and these are mentioned below:
- Try to stay safe from environmental pollution as this can impact your sperm count
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol as this can cause problem to the testes and it can damage quality and movement of sperm
- Stop doing excessive exercise as this can lower men’s testosterone level and can impact on sperm count
- Try drinking half a lemon squeezing in hot water as this can remove estrogen from your body.
- Try to eat more of Vitamin C foods as this can improve tour sperm count
- Manage your stress if you want a baby and avoid infertility problem
If you are struggling to conceive or you are experiencing miscarriage, it is the right time to get the help of the infertility specialist. Well, if you are searching for the infertility expert in India, you would find a list of doctors that are in this profession and they can assist to overcome with this problem. But, which one to choose is the question. Not only you but everyone would want to make sure that the infertility specialist that they choose is reputable and has high success rates. So, to minimize your confusion, read this article as we would discuss on the guide that would allow you to select the best IVF specialists.
- Make a Research (Primary and Secondary): Before you select IVF specialists, you need to do your own homework and that is you should make a research on the specialists. You can scout through Internet and find out the detailed information about the doctors. The next thing that you can do is to perhaps ask your friends, relatives about the best infertility specialists in the city.
- Note Down the List of preferences: The next thing that you can do is to note down the list of preferred infertility specialists and then once again start making the research. Take a look at the locations and the rates before finalizing the doctor.
- Check the Technology: You should also ask about the technology that the infertility specialist use for the treatment. The more advance the technology is the better you can find the treatment would be.
- Select the Doctor who can treat you well: So, the final tip that you should follow is to select a doctor that can treat you well, but how to select the best one from the list. People always look for the reputation of the physician as more the reputed doctor is the more they are relied. Although in addition to this factor, people also want to select a physician who listens to and answer your questions.
Experience also matters much, so you also need to check the qualification and years of experience of the physician before you select a particular doctor. Infertility specialists like Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour who is MBBS, MD – Obstetrics & Gynaecology, DNB – Medical Genetics, Gynecologist, Obstetrician and Infertility Specialist has more than 17 years of experience is one such example. She has registered thousands of successful cases in her list that makes her profile stronger.
You don’t pick a practitioner because of less experience. You should also check the number of successful cases registered under the name of the particular doctor as this is very important when you talk about infertility. So, follow the mentioned guide when you search for infertility specialist in your city.
Infertility is mainly described as the incompetence of the women to get pregnant after even having a year of unprotected intercourse. Male and female are together responsible for infertility problem, which can be treated through proper medical checkup. Now,talking about the infertility in woman is the case when the female is trying to get pregnant but she is still unsuccessful despite havingsexual intercourse for more than a year.If you are also facing the same difficulty, it is important that you seek proper medical assistance.
Causes of Infertility
There are many causes of infertility and these are mentioned below:
- Harm to fallopian tubes: The work of the Fallopian tubes is to carry eggs from the ovaries to the uterus and if it gets damaged, it would prevent the contact between the egg and the sperm.
- Unsuitable hormonal changes:The next cause can be the hormonal changes, which many women suffer now-a-days.
- Having Cervical problems:There are women that have cervical condition, where the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal and as result the area cause blockage and stops from conceiving.
- Endometriosis:When the endometrial tissue gets implanted and it starts growing outside of the uterus, it leads to pregnancy complications and this is one of the major female infertility causes.
Infertility problem can be treated by using different medical technologies and some of these are mentioned below:
- In Vito fertilization is one of the comprehensive and highly advanced proceduresto treat infertility. It is a technique of artificial insemination, where egg and sperm are combined outside the body and these are placed in the uterus.
- There are special drugs that are prescribed to the women who are facing the problems with ovulation.
- Egg donation can also be used to treat infertility, where the fertilized eggs are placed in the uterus of the mother after IVF within 24 hours. With the help of Gametintrafallopian tube transfer (GIFT), sperm and eggs are mixed before insertion.
If you are facing with the same problem, you can visit Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour, who is one of the best Infertility Specialists in Delhi. She is an MBBS, MD – Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Gynecologist, Obstetrician and Infertility Specialist with 17 years of experience in this profession. She with her distinguished work has brought both local and international attention to SCI Healthcare IVF and surrogacy programs. With her medical expertise and dedication, she has been able to help hundreds of couples from around the world and treat infertility.
With the help of the medical science today you can do anything impossible thing possible. The cases of infertility can also be easily resolved as well and you can also even conceive and enjoy being called as parent. Are you trying to get conceived for the last 1 year, but due to some issues you are failing? Don’t you worry about it as Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour is here to help you? She is a Gynecologist, Obstetrician and Infertility Specialist and has more than 17 years of experience in this profession and she can assist you in solving this problem.
If you are thinking how you can become a happy parent if you don’t have a baby yet then the only answer is Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour. She is the founder and director of SCI Healthcare Hospital and Multi-specialty Center and Consultant Fertility Specialist. You can consult with Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour at SCI IVF Hospital in Kailash Colony, Delhi and book an appointment now.
What would be more annoying and depressing thing that you cannot enjoy conceiving a baby? Well, not every couple faces this issue and they can have the phase of parenthood and can conceive as well. If you are depressed because you are unable to conceive, don’t you worry about it, because you can seek the help of one of the Top Notch Gynecologist Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour. She is an MBBS, MD – Obstetrics, DNB – Medical Genetics, Obstetrician and Infertility Specialist. She has 17 years of experience in this field can help in solving the problem of infertility.
You can easily consult with Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour at SCI IVF Hospital in Kailash Colony, Delhi. All you need to do is to have an appointment and you don’t need to wait in a queue and get treated. Just view the profile of medical specialists and book an appointment today and seek the assistance in regards to infertility problem.