Doctors usually suggest surrogacy as last resort to multiple IUI and IVF failures or in cases of extreme medical conditions like Cancer or extreme cases of PCOS and PCOD. It can also be opted by single parents or same sex couples or by those females who have uterus abnormalities or cases of unexplained infertility.
Surrogate Mother: One who carries the child of a couple for nine-month term under a legal contract is known as surrogate mother. It is always important to make sure that the surrogate mother knows all the regulations and laws under which she has agreed to bear the child in her womb. Surrogate mother is compensated for their entire pregnancy duration by the intended parents.There is always a risk involved when directly dealing with the surrogate. So, it is required to go for surrogacy from either surrogacy clinic or agency. This will help you save your time as well as cost. Surrogacy clinics are the best choice as these are reliable and compliance legally during the entire procedure of surrogacy.
Surrogacy might not be the pathway that has been decided, but it is the road chosen when there is no option left after trying multiple fertility treatments to conceive a baby. Surrogate mother parts the most important role during surrogacy because she is the one who carries a baby for the entire nine-month duration. Surrogacy clinics or agencies are the ways to find an eligible surrogate mother.
What Should Be the Qualities of A Surrogate Mother Before Her Selection For Surrogacy Procedure?
A woman must eligible to be a surrogate mother if she fulfills the below-mentioned parameters. Always check these parameters before finalizing a surrogate mother.
- Female who is a non-smoker and non-alcoholic proves to be the best surrogate mother.
- Female between 21-35 years of age is best suited for the role of surrogate mother.
- Female with the regular menstrual cycle.
- Female with a valid identity.
- Female with accurate BMI.
- No other medical history.
- Must have given birth to a child in the past.
- A responsible female with a normal lifestyle.
- No older history of criminal offense.
- There are various surrogacy clinics, which provide surrogate mother through mutual and monetary consent in a legal manner.
What Questions to ask from surrogate before signing the contract?
Before signing the legal contract with the surrogate, you can ask her a few questions to make sure that you have chosen the best surrogate mother who can fulfill all your requirements. Go through the list of the common questions that are asked by the intended parents to the surrogate occasionally.
- What is the reason behind becoming a surrogate?
- How many successful pregnancies without complications she has been through?
- Does she enjoy pregnancy time?
- Is there strong support to help during pregnancy?
- Is she agree to become surrogate for you?
- Does she have any problem, with you and your partner?
The questions and interrogation will help you in communicating your concerns and needs directly to the surrogate mother. Plan appropriately and go for the best selections of a surrogate mother.